11.02.2008

Thirty Days Away

I cannot believe we're about 30 days away from shooting. It's a really exciting time as everything comes together with the cast, crew, locations and much more. I am working on setting up many of the shots and thinking through the performances, and my producer is swamped with pulling together all of the logistics. I go through a wide range of emotions on a minute by minute basis with fear, anxiety, excitement, nervousness and so many other things wrapped up in one. I guess other directors might feel the same way, too, it's a bit crazy, especially since this is my first feature. All I want to do is make a great film, beyond that, there are so many things that are out of my control. We have a great team of cast and crew coming together to make this happen, which is super exciting. Filmmaking is such a collaborative medium, it's very important to work with people are good, reliable, trustworthy and have an overall positive vibe. I have been having some long conversations with the DP about shots, as well as with the PD on setting up some of the scenes, and making sure we make the world feel real and believable. All of the pieces are definitely coming together, it's super exciting!

No comments: