11.05.2008

Hope!

It's a really hopeful time for our country with Obama as our next president. I was out last night at a club and people were there waving American flags. It felt like an amazing moment, like waving an American flag had an all together different meaning than it has in the past. My father called me so excited about the change, his comment was that if Obama can be president, then anyone can truly do anything in life. It sounds ridiculous, but Obama's winning the presidency parallels my journey of making a first feature. I few years ago, I had no idea of how in the world I would make this happen. I was just another filmmaker with a few scripts and short films under my belt. But now, it's hard to believe that we're only twenty five days out from shooting the movie. It's here, it's happening and it's super exciting. Like Obama's journey as president, the production of the movie isn't going to be easy. It's going to be filled with bumps along the way, but as long as everyone maintains faith, positivity and overall good vibes, it'll all come together.

1 comment:

Niranjan said...

You have kept hope and pursued your dream!

My best wishes are with you for your smooth journey to turn your dream to a beautiful reality!