10.20.2008

Casting/Locations

I've been pretty deep in casting sessions for a number of different roles. This is the fun stuff, especially after you've spent so many years writing something. I love how actors come to the table with their own, fresh perspective on the material. It's so great when they come in and read the character in a way you never imagined. Reading kids has also been very interesting, there are so many talented kids out there, and I'm amazed by how so many have agents and have been working at it for so long. What's made this process pleasurable is working with a casting director. Basically, she filters through all of the noise, and brings us the best folks. Our casting director is really great, and I believe she really gets the overall vision of the film. On another note, I spent the weekend in SF scouting several locations. Things are really coming together, I can't believe we're shooting so soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After living in LA full time for 4 years because of my daughters acting, we are now back in Nor. Cal. If you are reading any girls 11-12 please go to www.LondonFreeman.com she would love to audition. London is an accomplished SAG actress currently working on two features locally. Our friend Noah Dahl is being considered for one of your roles. If he books it he is welcome to stay with us so he can work as a local.