2.02.2007

A Long Process

The problem with creative work is that it is a long and never ending process. Even writing a script, you may revise and rewrite it for five years before you actually feel happy with it. I am currently in the process of making Raspberry Magic as my first feature. I've partnered up with a couple of wonderful producers, and now am working on setting up the LLC. Once that's done, we'll start begging for money, so if there is anyone out there who wants to donate, hit me up! But seriously, my producers keep assuring me that we will make this movie, even if it takes us two years to raise the funds. But I do get impatient, sometimes lying awake at night wondering when it will happen. I get excited about all of the creative aspects--shooting, directing, working with composers, developing the title design... I want it to happen right here, right now. But see, with making a feature, you are forced to slow down. Every little piece takes time, and you have to learn to enjoy the process, step by step, moment by moment. It's better to take it slow and make sure every detail is in place, first, so when you get to the shoot, there are as few issues as possible. Presently, I've been working on finding a good entertainment lawyer. I've met with a few people, and in fact, the person I'm meeting with this afternoon looks most promising. He's done a ton of work with indie film, and his rates seem doable. The great thing about this process, though, is that my producers are very knowledgeable and have been excellent in terms of guiding me in the right direction. I guess as long as there is forward motion, the movie will get made... Eventually.

1 comment:

The Film Diva said...

Thanks for the visit and the link! Good job with the website. The funding process sucks, but at least you've got a couple of producers to keep your spirits up as you gather the pieces together. Stop by anytime.... :-)