1.08.2007

Restless energy

Every now and then, I get seriously restless with life. It's an internal yearning to do something totally new, be some place totally new, take on a new project. I am feeling that way right now, and am basically pining to make another film. Yes, I am slowly chipping away at putting my feature together, but I also want to do something in between (or make the feature now!!). Yes, I have a new screenplay to start, another one that several managers are about to read, but I just want to make something else. When I was younger, it was this restless energy that often drove me into depressive states, where I would ask Ameet what he thought the point of life was. He would often get frustrated with this line of questioning because he obviously didn't have the answer, but now days, when I get into that mode, he tells me to get to work. I guess maybe what it is is that I've had a nice couple weeks to chill, so now it's high time to get into intensive work mode. The problem with writing scripts is that at the end of the day, a script is basically a film that never got made. Yes, I learn so much each time I write a script, and it's nice to have something more, but still... At least with a film, even if it's a short, it's something you've made and can show. So, I have a couple of potential short films in the works, maybe something else for Current TV. But for now, I need to quell this hankering with my writing, and oh yes, a very stiff vodka tonic...

No comments: