10.08.2006

Living in a Digital World

With digital photography being so prevalent these days, I often wonder how well we'll store photos to document the past. For example, this is me and my 1-year-old niece--so adorable! But seriously, when she's 30 or even 15, will I still have this picture to show her? I can barely keep track of my important files, much less all of the photos we constantly download on our computers. And to top it off, it seems like every three years, there is a new computer, new drive, etc. in the picture. I love old photos, like this black and white of my parents' wedding. It's pasted so neatly in one of those wonderful old albums with the wax paper. There's something really refreshing about crackling old photos in the sepia tones of the 1970's. Even if we back up all our pictures onto a CD, how will we look at those twenty years from now? It's an interesting quandry, but I'm sure some genius out there is working on a solution.

No comments: