9.15.2006

Putting myself out there...

I've felt a bit nervous about putting myself out there and letting people know that I want to make a feature film. My last short was so stressful on so many levels, I've been a little scared to go for it, in all honesty. But sometimes, you just have to take the plunge and dive in. Over the past few weeks, I've really put it out there that I want to make my feature Raspberry Magic happen, and it's been so touching because so many of my friends, family members and other contacts in the film biz have been encouraging and supportive. So there it is. My goal is to shoot Raspberry Magic next summer for around $500,000. It's time to make it happen! In other news, I am in NC this weekend, screening my short film, This Moment as part of the Diaspora Festival of Black and Independent Film. The Sonja Haynes Stone Center flew me out here, and I was on WUNC to discuss my film. Being a Carolina alum and coming back to screen my work is an honor.

No comments: