8.26.2008

Seeing Light

It's been a really hectic and overwhelming summer, I've been working my ass off, and while at times I feel like it's not enough, it was good to take a few days off this weekend and get some much needed perspective on things. I've been hustling on Raspberry Magic, trying to get a few more investors on board, which is certainly never an easy process. We're almost there, but we really do need a few more people to make things work or basically just do them right. It's a lot of waiting, but we're pretty damn determined. Aside from that, I have a couple of other scripts I am working on, one of which was accepted through to the first round of the Sundance competition. It's a piece I'm super excited about, and would love to make after Raspberry. I also got hired to make a short film by a foundation, which is sort of an exciting gig while waiting on the feature.

But as of September 1, my producing partner and I have decided that it's time to make Raspberry Magic happen. We're basically going to plan the shoot to start on Dec 1, and finish casting, pull together location specifics, and just generally make everything happen. It all sounds slightly insane, but everyone we've talked to has said to just proceed, make it real and it will become real. And Megha and I have usually found that when we do this, things happen. For example, we went on a locations scouting trip up to the Bay, and just made shit happen. As a result, a newspaper did a story on us, and we really did figure out exactly where to shoot. This the mentality we're using to make the film and truly move ahead. So, stayed tuned this fall as I put away the writing for a few months and get into production mode and actually make something. It's a little daunting, but exciting, too!!

1 comment:

Andres said...

That is exactly what you need to do. I am so excited to see your movie and I can't wait to start telling everyone that they need to see it. Stay positive and visualize the end goal. It will happen and things will fall right into place.