3.14.2007

Making a Movie

It's been a long time since I've been in the blogosphere, mostly because things in my life have been a little nutty... All in a good way. I've been working really hardcore on the basics of getting Raspberry Magic going. Finally, we found a good entertainment laywer to set up the LLC and put together the operating agreeements, and my producers and I have been hard at work on the business plan. I'm also buried deep in another set of revisions. This round is particularly tough because it's all about making those characters really pop. It's going slowly, but I've definitely made progress. Being in this process has been really exciting, it's given me a much needed sense of focus and clarity. For the first year of living in LA, and I felt unclear about what the next step was, but going through this, it's clear... The next step is to make a movie! I saw Guillermo del Toro speak at Film Independent Director's series a few weeks ago, and he was very inspiring. He mentioned how for his first feature he mortaged his home or did something crazy like that. But ultimately it's how he got his career going. I used to sit here and ponder well, should I try to make commercials, sell a commercial screenplay or try to work in TV? I would get overwhelmed with these questions, because I felt somewhat directionless. But, this path feels right. It's not going to be easy because we have a lot of money to raise, but we're taking baby steps and I know it'll come together...

No comments: